On the tenth day of Christmas, Immerge gave to me, $10 for PPC Ads.
If you have ever managed an AdWords campaign, you know it is important to check back often to make sure everything is running smoothly. You can experiment with different keywords and strategies to see what works well for your industry. You should constantly be re-evaluating.
During your evaluation, you might find that your budget has run out before the end of the month. Running out of your budget means that your ads were appearing rapidly in the first part of the month but your budget has already been spent, meaning no ads will appear at the end of the month.
There is not a standard AdWords budget. It all depends. Your industry’s keyword cost will have a lot to do with it. Some keywords cost only cents, while others can be $50 or more. Additionally, AdWords is run similarly to an auction, with the highest bids winning top spots. However, this is affected by your quality score. It is possible to pay less for a better ad position if your ad is more relevant, which is why optimizing your account is so important. If your bids are too low, you won’t have a chance of appearing on the first page of the search engine results page (SERP).
With all of this in mind, it is important to see if you need to increase your budget. Ask yourself a few questions such as:
- Have I already optimized my account with the budget I have? What other changes can I make to get the most out of my current budget?
- Have I optimized for location and device targeting based on my target audience? (*Note that these things could change your bid amounts) If I know more people buy my products on their phones, should I make a bid adjustment on ads when people view it on a mobile device so that they are more likely to see it?
- Will increasing my budget give me more clicks? Google opportunities (found under the navigation bar when viewing a campaign) can be helpful in predicting this.
- Can my business afford a few more dollars on ad spend a month?
- Will increasing my ad spend help me reach or surpass my sales goals for the month/quarter/year?
- Am I using the right type of campaign?
- Will a search campaign with a mix of text, call-only, dynamic ads do the trick?
- Should I invest in a shopping campaign to push viewers to my e-commerce store?
- Should I develop a display campaign that highlights my business/ products/ services and gets people familiar with my brand but might not lead to as many conversions?
Immerge is a certified Google Partner, meaning we have AdWords skill and expertise and met and sustained AdWords spend and quality goals on various campaigns. We have seen a diverse set of campaigns. Our Marketing team has revitalized failing campaigns, as well as start new campaigns altogether. We would love to answer your questions or help you create a campaign, so don’t hesitate to contact us.